Looking for Anime

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. BlueWeepingRose
    BlueWeepingRose
    I started watched anime about two years ago and loved it when I first got introduced. Over the summer I watched a few anime's but than I started watching a lot films that I needed to catch up on. My taste in anime has certainly grew, I've seen quite a few but I'd like to get into very deep anime's with good character development and memorable. Trigun I loved, DBZ, Elfen Lied, Soul Eater and quite a few others. I could go on forever to be honest, lol! My favorite will always be Monster which was an amazing anime. At this moment I'm watching Gunslinger Girl, but I don't know which other ones to check out. Could anyone suggest anime's to me that I should check out cause I'd like to get back into watching anime again. Thank you, I'd appreciate it a lot!
  2. theredmarker
    theredmarker
    I've heard lots of good things about Monster, but I haven't checked it out yet. I also watched (as well as read) Elfen Lied. Very touching story.

I recommend Shingeki no Kyoujin (Attack on Titan). I have a thread in here about it, if you're interested. The anime is just being made (6 episodes so far) but the manga is pretty extensive. It has believable and relatable characters, a fascinating plot, and gorgeous artwork.

I also recommend Wolf's Rain. I think it was a made-for-TV anime, without a manga. Anyway, it's set in a post-apocalyptic world, where everything is pretty desolate and a snowy wasteland. There is an old story that wolves can find "Paradise", but wolves have apparently been extinct for 200 years. It's the story of a few wolves disguised as humans who group together to try and find Paradise. It has beautiful artwork, and a feeling of longing and mystery in it.

My absolute favourite anime is called Ghost Hound. It's about 3 boys, each with PTSD, trying to work through and understand their existence. They have out-of-body experiences and encounter numerous paranormal phenomena. But most of all, it's a story about how love and friendship can heal. It is such a touching and beautiful story. If you get the chance, watch it. Seriously. I can't emphasize this enough.

Guess that's enough out of me for now. Tell me what you think!
  3. BlueWeepingRose
    BlueWeepingRose
    Thank you for suggesting those three to me. I'll watch them all and than come back to you. This will help me get back into anime again, sometimes I see so much anime and not sure where to look next. And it's hard for me to make decisions on what to watch next, lol.

Those three all look wonderful though. I'm a very open minded person and try to enjoy all different kinds of anime. I just love character development and anime's that will be very memorable. Thank you again!
  4. theredmarker
    theredmarker
    No probs. I hope you enjoy them!
  5. SebastianAmore
    SebastianAmore
    I've been looking for anime too. I have been watching the genre since I was ten, so now it is kinda hard to find one I either haven't seen or like. -Sarah
  6. 10moonraven
    10moonraven
    Nausicca is a good graphic novel type manga & made into animated movie by Hiyeo Miyasaki (I think is how you spell his name). Really I like any movie put out by Japanese company of his Studio Ghibli. They put out movie "Spirited Away". Disney picked up the contract in America to do english dubbing. Naussica is a 7 or 8 volume large manga(?). I enjoy the spirited girl princess and her care of the ecological balance of the land & creatures. A bit futuristic.the movie is beautifully done with beautiful music. All of his movies are & have deep meanings. Although some are fun(ny) also. I have all of them on dvd.
  7. corbin
    corbin
    I'm really curious about Ghost Hound now! We looked and sadly it's not on Crunchyroll or Netflix, so we're going to have to hunt around for it. Thank you for the recommendation, theredmarker.
  8. theredmarker
    theredmarker
    The site I use now for watching anime is called AnimeFreak. The web address for it is animefreak.tv
    If you click on the "Book" tab, it'll take you to an alphabetized list of all the anime on the site. That list is years long. I just looked, and they do have Ghost Hound on there! Hooray! lol. AnimeFreak also has a "browse by genre" option that can help you filter genres you do or don't like.

Happy watching!
  9. corbin
    corbin
    YAY! Thank you.
  10. Determined
    Determined
    Hunter X Hunter is an anime I watched recently.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast