Study of the Book of John

1. ZJ
    ZJ
    This is the second part of our study, sorry they are seperate. I hope to keep the rest of our study of John under this discussion title. Thanks, and sorry for confusion

John 1:6-13 (Amplified Version)

6 There came man commisioned and sent from God, whose name was [a]John.7 This man came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe [in Christ, the Light] through him. 8 John was not the Light, but came to testify about the Light.

9 There it was—the true Light [the genuine, perfect, steadfast Light] which, coming into the world, enlightens everyone. 10 He (Christ) was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him. 11 He came to that which was His own [that which belonged to Him—His world, His creation, His possession], and those who were His own [people—the Jewish nation] did not receive and welcome Him. 12 But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name— 13 who were born, not of blood [natural conception], nor of the will of the flesh [physical impulse], nor of the will of man [that of a natural father], but of God [that is, a divine and supernatural birth—they are born of God—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified].

1. Who is John the Baptist and what is his mission, his purpose?

2. Who does the Bible promise to enlighten?

3. Why do you suppose world did not recognize Jesus, the light?

4. What happens to those who welcome and receive Jesus?

5. What does it mean to be transformed, to be born of G-d?

Thanks everyone . I hope everyone is doing well, if not, please leave a prayer request, and we will pray for you! May God bless you and keep you this week
  2. Rossk
    Rossk
    Hi

I am blessed. Peace in the middle of a storm. Claiming and naming blessing, grace abound, and claiming wholeness for my family & all.

hanks, and sorry for confusion

John 1:6-13 (Amplified Version)

1. Who is John the Baptist and what is his mission, his purpose?
    I had to study this for a moment. Of course, I read of John and know the little that we know about him. But when you think about him, we don't sense what he did. I will related this to common association of today people. He was like a hype man, and vouch for person. He was 6 months older than Jesus, they were cousins. He was lineang of Aaron line (from Moses).

I call him the hype-man, not to downgrade his role because it was important, but just like in big artist promotion. They have a hype man, to come out and get the crowd hyped up for the big performance. John preach the Word, he made people aware of the Light to come, and how they should prepared for it. He vouch for Jesus, he confirmed his being so people wouldn't doubt as they should. John parents' were very well known in the Jerusalem-Bethalem area. Zacharias was know for being a man Of God, and having vision. Even though he would thought to be mute & deaf before the birth of John. But his parents was creditable , which makes John credible, and that gave Jesus something to stand on when He came forth. So John was the hype man, he spoke when no one else would. And also you can see the similarities from Jesus & John to Moses & Aaron. Aaron was Moses hype-man, he gave the message, and keep order while Moses did signs of wonders, etc.

2. Who does the Bible promise to enlighten?
    People, us who wants to believe.

3. Why do you suppose world did not recognize Jesus, the light?

Just my thought, this would go back to the curse of Adam & Eve. When Adam bite the fruit, their eyes were open and the realized they were naked. Genesis 3 :7 Then the eyes of the two of them were opened [that is, their awareness increased], and they knew that they were naked; and they fastened fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.-----So just thinking, beforehand they eyes were not focus on flesh or this world, and they were more spiritual tone. Very much into the spirit, that they didn't even know or see that they were naked. But once they bit the fruit, it made them more carnal or flesh mind and they are now more of the world than of God. This would led the rest of humanity to be of this world, and we wouldn't recognize God unless we were in the spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:11-14

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words

1 Peter 4:1
    If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.

4. What happens to those who welcome and receive Jesus?

Those who believe received eternity life, and born into Jesus Christ. No longer of this world but made into Christ. -----
    As Jesus talked with Nicodemus, He said, “‘I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.’ ‘How can a man be born when he is old?’ Nicodemus asked. ‘Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, “You must be born again”’” (John 3:3-7).

* We receive the Holy Spirit ( Gal 2:20, Col 1:27)

5. What does it mean to be transformed, to be born of G-d? To be in the spirit. To align yourself up with God.--- Rom 12: 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

************************************************** ********************************
    Please forgive me if my reply offend anyone or caused confusion. I hope all what I said make some sort of sense. And this just my thought on the question asked.

Thank you ZJ
  3. ZJ
    ZJ
    Thanks Rossk,
    I agree, your answers are good Here's what I had, which is pretty much the same.
    1. John the Baptist got people ready for Jesus to come.
    2. Those who look for Jesus will find Him.
    3. People are blinded by this world, and by sin.
    4. Those who receive Jesus, and live for Him will inherit eternal life.
    5. To be transformed by G-d, means that you become a new person. The old bad stuff, evil desires, sin is washed away, and you become new. Instead of living for yourself, you live for G-d, you follow His Word and His Spirit.
  4. Paul G.
    Paul G.
    I am so thankful that Jesus came into my heart. I used to not know that God loves me, in fact I was completely unevangeled until I was 18. Then I found out he loves me. Through help from Christian counselors I have been able to work through some of my RA stuff. I am so blessed and love Jesus so much. May He hold me and help me every day to follow Him closer.