Favorite Bible Verses

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Rossk
    Rossk
    I was going to post that verse, BugGirl793. It is a very powerful one.

1 Timothy 4:12New International Version (NIV)

12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
  2. LightningStar
    LightningStar
    BugGirl, thank you so much for posting that verse

Philippians 4:12-13.

"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

For me I have a very similar thought to you- in that without Him, I would not be where I am today. And after everything, regardless of if I have a lot or a little, at the end of the day, i'm never alone, because I have Him. Thank you for posting this. Really has been what I needed to be reminded of.
  3. Rossk
    Rossk
    The Holy Spirit comes to my aid and bears me up in my weakness when I do not know how to pray as I ought. He intercedes on my behalf according to the will of God. (Rom. 8:26-27, AMP)

Nice to know, your Holy Spirit prays when you don't know how to and when you don't.
  4. Rossk
    Rossk
    Zephaniah 3:17

“The LORD your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
  5. Rossk
    Rossk
    “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you; it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so no one may boast. For we are his handiwork, created in Christ Jesus for the good works that God has prepared in advance, that we should live in them.” (Ephesians 2:8-10)

I pray that everyone is well and whole.
  6. LightningStar
    LightningStar
    In the spirt of Lent, what are some of people's favorite verses that have to do with that? Just curious.

Rossk, thank you for the prayers. I hope your well also.

Kay
  7. Rossk
    Rossk
    Hi

Hope everyone is doing great!

In regard to your Lent scripture:

Psalms 91

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
    2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
    3 Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
    4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
    5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
    6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
    7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
    8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
    9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,
    10 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.
    11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
    12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
    13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
    14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
    15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
    16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
  8. LightningStar
    LightningStar
    Rossk,

That's a good one.

My church does daily devotionals for church and today's is:

My eyes have seen your salvation -Luke 2:30

and the prayer that goes along with it :

Lord, Thank you for showing me your Salvation, Amen.

Just thought i'd share.
  9. Rossk
    Rossk
    Good one, too LIghtningStar

Here is another I learned from someone:

Psalms 4:8

In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, Lord,
    make me dwell in safety.
  10. ZJ
    ZJ
    Really like that one Rossk, gives me a lot of comfort.
    Sorry haven't been around a lot, still fighting this pneumonia, can't believe how long it is taking to get over it.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast