Favorite Bible Verses

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. ZJ
    ZJ
    This thread is dedicated to your favorite verses or ones you want to discuss. We can do one a week, or even more often if you would like

To begin with, I love Psalm 23, it is one of my favorites. This chapter has helped me through some very dark times.

Psalm 23

Adonai (the Lord) is my shepherd; I lack nothing. He has me lie down is grassy pastures, He leads me beside quiet water, He restores my inner person. He guides me in right paths for the sake of his own name. Even though I pass through death-dark ravines, I will fear no disaster; for you are with me; your rod and staff they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me, even as my enemies watch; you anoint my head with oil from an overflowing cup.
    Goodness and grace will follow me all the days of my life; and I will live in the house of Adonai (the Lord) forever.
  2. Rossk
    Rossk
    I think Psalms itself is a wonderful. I have not read the entire book, but just reading some of the passage can be uplifting and a song to God.

One point, I didn't have a verse and didn't know what scripture fit my circumstance. Just listening to a minister on TV, he said, when you don't what to say, say something like Jesus, help me or I am saved by Grace, and God loves me. And that what I stood on until things manifested in my life. And not to long ago, I came across this verse, and it just does something to my spirit.

Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Knowing the Lord have a planned and it is not of harm but for a prosper future. Even though we get off the path he intended for us, if we followed HIM, he will create and rearrange things to get us back on the path. And the Lord don't wants us to be sad, depressed, or anything bad off. Of course life happens but I believed it wasn't GOD planned and He doesn't send it to us. He don't want to go thorough pain, losing children in their youth, being in DV or abusive lifestyle. Those things happened because the devil is at work, and work thorough people. And God can only work things out for our God when we allow Him, and we used our belief/faith to change things.

I will say even though I still go back to my husband. I believe God will work things out in my favor. And even though a part of me want my marriage saved, I know my husband hasn't truly change. And it will be a time open again where I can leave. God loves my husband, but my husband have to make a choice and effort in wanting to change. God can't force that, only wait for him to asked for help (deeply). I know some don't believe in divorce or separation but what do you when you live in certain unhealthy relationship.
  3. LightningStar
    LightningStar
    Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This is also one of my favorites. I don't know why but it gives me the most hope. It's like I'm truly not alone. It's also the first one's i've ever memorized as a new Christian.

It also says what the Lord is really about, he wants whats absolutely best for you. Very powerful verse.

ZJ- thank you for starting this thread! I have so many I wanna discuss!
  4. Sunshinegang
    Sunshinegang
    Mine is Psalms 46:10

"Be still and know that I am God."

When I read this, everything that may have been rattling around in my mind gets quiet. It just shuts up. And then I find myself looking "upward" and pondering the..."know that I am God" part. It doesn't say "believe" that I am God or "trust" that I am God or even "have faith" that I am God. It says "know" and for me, that means seeking Him directly and experiencing Him just as I did at my conversion through the Holy Spirit. It is a relationship, just as real as any I have with other people in my life. And it is that relationship that changes me from the inside out. Gets "me" out of the way so that more of Him can come through.
  5. Rossk
    Rossk
    "Be still and know that I am God."

Wow---few words speak loud. I automatically thought of a song, by Yolanda Adams "Be Still", I would presume now that where she probably got the inspiration from.

Thank you for sharing Sunshinegang & LightningStar!
  6. Rossk
    Rossk
    Philippians 4:19King James Version (KJV)

19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
  7. ZJ
    ZJ
    Thanks for sharing everyone! I love all those verses. Please keep sharing as G-d gives you verses or you think of some you like. I love Psalm 139, another chapter that has really spoke to me.
  8. LightningStar
    LightningStar
    *corinthians 13:4 - 6 NIV
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

This one I love because it speaks ot the fact that G-d is love. This was crucial to me because of my abuse and not being loved by anyone for the first years of my life. I realized that g-d is was their watching over me and loving me the entire time. It also for me sets the example of how I should treat other's with loving kindness. Just my few thoughts for the day.
  9. Sunshinegang
    Sunshinegang
    John 14:6

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

This verse comforts me immensely. Because it is so simple, and so clear. The various other spiritual paths I previously pursued used to tell me that there were many ways to God and that it is a "personal choice" on which one a person takes. That no one way is better or worse than another, they all "get you there." But this verse, takes all of that "guesswork" out of the equation. Jesus Christ, is THE way and THE truth and THE life and no one comes to the Father but through Him. This IS the foundation (cornerstone) of the Christian faith. I can rest assured on this Truth and do not need to search any further.

However, speaking this Truth in the world does not always garner a positive reaction. Many see this as being unkind, disrespectful or judgmental. Even within supposed Christian circles, it is sometimes not received well.

After experiencing so profoundly His Love for me and seeing all of the amazing things He has done, there is no way I can do anything BUT speak the Truth of who He is (and also who He is not). I cannot compromise on it. To do so would dishonor HIM. And if I truly believe this verse then it would also be dishonoring to others for me to hide or water down the Truth for the sake of being liked or not hurting another's feelings than to speak it and pray that the convicting work of the Holy Spirit would open the receiver's heart to that Truth as well.
  10. BugGirl793
    BugGirl793
    A verse that speaks to me and that I come back to often is Philippians 4:12-13.

"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

I take a lot of comfort in this verse. I've had times where I have had plenty, and I have had times where I have had almost nothing. Regardless of the circumstances, I have made it through everything thus far. With Christ's help, I am still moving forward. If it weren't for Him, I don't know where I would be.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast