Ending Your Life Is Not The Answer To Your Situation
You are at the end of your rope and you can't take it any much longer. You are in pain and you are suffering and you feel there is no hope. The first thing that you need to do is to seek the services of a professional counselor. As a published author of a managing fear book and as a Layman, here are five reasons why suicide is not an option to your problems.
- Things Change Over Time Regardless of your situation, things do not stay the same. You may feel very bad today, but it won't last forever. Remember this fact: Regardless of your current situation, everything changes over time. This includes your current situation. Nothing remains the same forever.
- There Are Always Other Options... Always You may feel lost and confused but the answers to your specific problems are out there. The key is that you have to find the answers. The answers to your problem will not come to you. As mentioned before, the first step in finding the solution to your problem is to seek help from a qualified professional.
- You Can't Predict The Future You are fearful, confused and do not know where to turn. You think that there is no hope for you. When you are in this situation, remember the 99% rule. The 99% rule states that that no one can predict the future with one hundred percent certainty. Even if the thing that you are afraid of does happen, there are circumstances and factors that you can't predict which can be used to your advantage. For instance, you miss the deadline for a project you have been working on for the last few months. Everything you feared is coming true. Suddenly, your boss comes to your office and tells you that the deadline is extended and that he forgot to tell you the day before. This unknown factor changes everything. We may be ninety-nine percent correct in predicting the future, but all it takes is for that one percent to make a world of difference.
- Focus On The Facts of Your Situation and Not Your Thoughts When people are depressed they rely on their fearful, depressing, and negative thoughts. That is a huge mistake. Your fearful thoughts are exaggerated and are not based on reality. When you are depressed, focus on the facts of your current situation and not on what you think. Do not assume anything regarding your current situation. Seek help from a professional immediately.
- Go To The Hospital Immediately When It's That Bad If things are so bad that you are unable to function, drop everything and go to your local hospital or crisis center immediately. The people there will take care of your situation right away.
Other articles by Stan Popovich:
- Managing Your Fears And Anxieties
- A Review Of Techniques In Managing Depression
- Ending Your Life Is Not The Answer
- When someone you know struggles with fears, anxiety, and stress
- How To Convince An Addict To Get Help
© 2008-2021 Fort Refuge. Please don't reproduce without permission.